Atomic number: 13
Density at 25°C: solid, 2.70 g·cm−3
Ah aluminium or aluminum? doesn't really matter too much, just depends what region you are. Well this is a pretty well know element being rather shiny and light.
It's the first metal in the elements that actually holds its shine for a reasonable time too, but that is thanks to thin layer of aluminium oxide that forms on the surface.
Use, natural applications or common combinations:
- Foil, also very recyclable
- Many engineering applications, for poles and structures
- present in many minerals
- Standard atomic weight: 26.98
- Melting point: 660.32 °C
- Boiling point: 2519 °C
- Radioactivity: almost all naturally stable
- trace amounts of 26Al (radioactive isotope,half life of 7.2×105 y)