Atomic number: 87
Category: Alkali metal
Density at 25°C: solid: density: uncertain perhaps 1.87 g/cm3
Francium is so unstable it has half decayed within 22 minutes , so after 44 minutes it has turned into astatine, radium, and radon. It is so rare that only about 20-30grams are on Earth at anyone time.
Use, natural applications or common combinations:
- mostly for scientific knowledge
- gaining more knowledge about energy levels and the coupling constants between subatomic particles.
- Francium-223 is the result of the alpha decay of actinium-227 and can be found in trace amounts in uranium and thorium minerals
- Standard atomic weight: n/a
- Melting point: n/a
- Boiling point: n/a
- Radioactivity: all radioactive
- 223Fr half life 22minutes via beta and alpha decay