Atomic number: 31
Category: post-transition metal
Density at 25°C: solid: 5.91 g·cm−3
Gallium melts at quite a low temperature for a metal, around 29.77 °C so it can start to melt if held in the hand long enough. But it is most used in electronics for microwaves and infrared. It has the largest liquid ranges for a metal.
Use, natural applications or common combinations:
- UV and blue LED lasers
- Biomedical applications
- Gallium arsenide, is used in microwave circuits
- Semi conductors
- Temperature standard
- Standard atomic weight: 69.723(1)
- Melting point: 29.7646 °C
- Boiling point: 2204 °C
- Radioactivity: all stable naturally
- 67Ga is used in medical scanning as a tracer. half-life 3.3 days emitting gamma rays.