Atomic number: 46
Category: transition metal
Density at 25°C: solid: 12.023 g·cm−3
This is another important element used in catalytic converters. It's also used in ceramic capacitors. It has important economic value for investors.
Use, natural applications or common combinations:
- Catalytic converters
- Jewellery - since 1939, as an alternative to platinum for making white gold.
- Hydrogen storage - limited due to expense.
- Standard atomic weight: 106.42(1)
- Melting point: 1554.9 °C
- Boiling point: 2963 °C
- Radioactivity: almost all stable
- 107Pd with a half-life of 6.5 million years via beta - decay