Atomic number: 69
Category: lanthanoid metal
Density at 25°C: solid: density: 9.32 g·cm−3
This lanthenoid has found a potential use in making x-rays when it is changed into a radioactive isotope. The non-radioactive variety is also similar to other lanthenoids and used in laser applications.
Use, natural applications or common combinations:
- potential x-ray production
- possible uses in 'high' temperature super conductors.
- Standard atomic weight: 168.934 21(2)
- Melting point: 1545 °C
- Boiling point: 1950 °C
- Radioactivity: most naturally stable
- 170Tm is a radioactive with a half life of 128.6 days
- 171Tm with a half-life of 1.92 years